The Vitacom NMS (Network Management System) is a powerful web based software that allows the Monitor & Control of Network devices using SNMP or SSH protocol.
Vitacom can customize the NMS for each end customer’s requirements, such as adding the Bandwidth on Demand feature, based in fixed schedules or traffic conditions and creating actions depending on the alarm conditions.
- The NMS uses PHP and MySQL as the software development platform. The PHP language is well-documented, flexible, consistently updated and has been in the market for 15 years.
- It is built with a Model View Controller approach giving flexibility and modularity to the system.
- The architecture is based on a Server Client structure working on a Web platform, which enables users to use the software no matter which Operating System they're running.
These are some of the applications where VITACOM NMS will provide you with many benefits:
VITACOM NMS will provide you with monitor and control for all the devices that can be controlled via SNMP, SSH or TELNET protocols. M&C will be applied in the hub and all the remote locations.
Actions will be triggered when an alarm occurs and the VITACOM NMS will automatically alert the user of any particular action. One example of this is changing the color of the icons on the map.
Site is free of alarms in all its devices.
There is an alarm on at least one device of each site.
There is no access to the site.
Broadcast Outbound/SCPC Inbound Networks generate more efficient use of Outbound Space. It also provides lowest latency solution and it is much better than TDMA Networks because 100% of the BW is used for payload while TDMA uses a lot of Bandwidth for control signals. BW is shared by all Remotes.
Schematic View of Broadcast/SCPC network
Bandwidth on Demand
VITACOM NMS can be configured in different ways to apply the Bandwidth on Demand such as:
- Network conditions: type of traffic.
- Saturation in traffic.
- Problems in the main line.
- Bandwidth reduction, which will reduce space segment costs.
- Sharing of Bandwidth Pool.
- Back-up Terrestrial Network.
Bandwidth On Demand Map